Cafe Witness

Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Negative Drain Goes to #1

Interesting.

Two days ago, I wrote a post about The Negative Drain -- the "woe-is-me" attitude that derails the productivity of both the complainer and the listener.

Today, less than 48 hours later, that blog post is the #1 Google return for the phrase "negative drain". That's #1 out of 11,000+ citations in quotes, or 2,400,000+ without. Either way, I topped a Google search, with almost zero effort.

Granted, this obviously isn't a term a lot of people are using, but I find it astounding that I could capture the top spot of ANY Google search in such a short period of time -- especially when the term actually seems to be somewhat popular in engineering circles.

So... what do I do with it now? (If you answered, "register the URL," I'm one step ahead of you...)

Meanwhile, somewhere, a guy who makes a living at SEO is losing sleep....

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by the author.

    By Blogger paulmerrill, at 6:52 AM  

  • It's frustrating to look at Google's results for your site(s). At one time, I was the number one Paul Merrill. No longer. I guess that's what happens when you move from Africa back to the boring old States.

    By Blogger paulmerrill, at 6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home