Cafe Witness

Monday, August 13, 2007

What's the VALUE of Web 2.0?

We all use MySpace OR Facebook OR Twitter OR LinkedIn OR Flickr OR Pandora OR YouTube OR Del.icio.us... Some of us even use ALL of them (and more).

But what's their actual VALUE?

If you were to bring someone up to speed on social media, what 5 or 10 sites would you DEFINITELY include? Which would you ABSOLUTELY overlook?

Why?

Is it signal-to-noise ratio? Is it "timesuck"? Is it ease of use? Size of community? Security? Interface? User freedom?

What are YOUR top Web 2.0 sites / apps?

Labels: , , , ,

4 Comments:

  • filmcrave.com. It satisfies my social network need, my movie addiction and almost everything in between :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:14 PM  

  • I say Facebook for all practical uses. Linked-in is stuffy and IMHO not really that valuable. Nobody is using Pownce yet. Twitter and Jaiku are good for what they're good for, and I'm in love with Tumblr, and plan to redo mine in the very near future to include a more modular feel, my design portfolio, etc.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:57 PM  

  • Delicious for the information. Flickr for the personality.

    By Blogger Rachel, at 12:03 AM  

  • I've recently become a huge fan of the customization and style of Virb.com, but no one is on it yet.

    Facebook has been extremely valuable and practical for me. I recommend Facebook...

    By Blogger Justin Snyder, at 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home