Cafe Witness

Saturday, August 04, 2007

People Are Nicer Than You Think

A few days ago, I mentioned it was impossible to work in stifling 90 degree conditions when your apartment feels like a heatbox.

Michael Bailey responded by creating the TwitterAir project, intending to raise money to buy me an air conditioner. I argued that the power of the people could be better focused on something truly useful, like helping people who are REALLY in need, instead of my pasty white self.

Apparently, Jim Shireman of Sportsocracy didn't get that memo. Today, he and his wife Amy tracked me down at the Quiet Storm cafe to give me a surprise -- a brand new air conditioner.

Thanks, Jim and Amy. Now it's time for me to pass it on. Good deeds shall not go unrewarded...

Meanwhile, what can we do to put the power of TwitterAir to more good use?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • That's awesome, Justin - please tell Jim and Amy what incredible people they are for me!

    TwitterAir may need to be discussed amongst several groups - perhaps a general consensus reached as to what the underlying principals of such an entity would be.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home