Cafe Witness

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Twitsterbation

I just had a surreal moment in which I had to switch among my three (count 'em -- three) Twitter accounts to add new friends. This involved hopping between:

My personal account

The STBD account, and

The brand new PodCamp Pittsburgh account.

While in these accounts, I realized they weren't all "friends" with each other, so I added them (aka myself) as friends with one another (aka also myself).

I was then bombarded with half a dozen emails informing me that I was now friends with myself... over and over...

If I keep this up, I'll need to break out my hardcover Dungeonmaster manual (circa 1986) and curl up for a night of private reading...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I have a similar effect posting news amongst my 6 Myspace accounts when something, like a new interview comes out.

    By Blogger Sorgatron, at 6:05 PM  

  • thats crazy... I sorta understand it, but at the same time I never 'got' the concept of different accounts.

    That being said, someone needs to make a site that will manage all your twitter accounts in one place.... one where you can choose to spam across all the accounts or just to one account. Now that would be a great web 2.0 app!

    By Blogger Vergel Evans, at 9:32 AM  

  • I use different accounts because I have different audiences. Not everyone who knows me watches STBD, and not everyone who watches STBD should know me personally.

    Meanwhile, PodCamp Pittsburgh's account is primarily an event and information-driven account, rather than a schmoozing account.

    But yes, optionally cross-posting across multiple accounts would be nifty. Get to it, coders!

    By Blogger Justin Kownacki, at 10:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home