Cafe Witness

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

100 Posts: PodCamp NYC Unlikely

Wow. I'd like to spend my 100th post proclaiming how ecstatic I am at going to PodCamp NYC this weekend.

Instead, I'll proudly proclaim I'm NOT going to PodCamp NYC because, quite simply, I'm too busy and have too many bills to pay.

I was wracking my brain this past weekend, trying to figure out how I could creatively disrupt both space and time to generate the phantom cash and extra hours in the week to fuel my NYC trip, when I realized...

... I'm quite content to work my ass off, get done with all the items on my to-do list, and enjoy myself.

To wit, I'm currently:

- Doing a freelance gig that's due for delivery tomorrow.

- Working on the next episode of Something to Be Desired, which is due Monday.

- Continuing to co-organize for BootCamp PGH, which happens in two weeks (!).

- Getting ready to celebrate my girlfriend's birthday on Sunday, which also happens to be Easter.

So, yes, as much as I'd like to attend PodCamp NYC -- which I truly believe will be an amazing time -- I'll instead be an adult, which is something I so rarely say I am, and get my work done instead of going to play.

Sorry, PodCamp NYC. I'll look forward to PCNYC2 next year!

Labels: , , , , ,

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home