Cafe Witness

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Remembering Why I'm Here

I just had one of those "aha" moments -- the kind that right all the wrongs and remind me why I'm here.

I was driving in the car with Ann and, for some reason, it occurred to me that she's very literary-inclined -- reading and writing are among her favorite activities in life.

And then I remembered: so am I.

I love writing. It's one of the things I'm best at, one of the things I enjoy most and something I'd be happy to do for the rest of my life. (Drawing / cartooning / video are all ways of storytelling, and also things I enjoy; I sense an overwhelming trend.) The concept of making a living as a writer is something I frequently intend to get around to but then subsequently forget as new elements pop in front of my eyes.

It's nice to clarify your life in the middle of the afternoon on a Thursday.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home